Sunday, October 30, 2005

Gone for Halloween, kids...

I'm going off for a short vacation beginning October 30 (Halloween's my anniversary, kids). Here's hoping that you, dear readers (all four of you rule!!), have enjoyed the Posts O' Horror this last week plus.

Meantime, go to these sites to see some reeeeaaallly scary things.

Gallery of the Absurd (warning: pants-soilingly funny pics of scary celebs)

Dark Dreams: The Films of Dario Argento (warning: some violent content)

The Wonder World of K. Gordon Murray (warning: Contains masked wrestlers, vampires, and guys in moth-eaten animal suits)

The Frantic Flicker

Ted V. Mikels' Official Website

William Girdler.com

Mondo Digital (warning: contains some graphic content)

Ciao, folks. See you in a few.

1 comment:

JennyB. said...

Dude, you are truly a dedicated individual...I'm dumbstruck. There were some pretty interesting things behind those links. The Dario Argento site was probably my favorite, but they all had their treasures.

It has indeed been a fun week reading your recs and reckonings about the horror genre, from the sublime to the ridiculous and back again.

I saw a movie yesterday that made me think of you...Creatures for the Pink Lagoon. It's a film made in Seattle that's a cross between shlocky zombie films and the 'gay weekend at the beach house' film (ala Boys in the Band or Love! Valour! Compassion!) It was hilariously campy and fun. My friend Jay played the Alpha Zombie. *g* Write up in my LJ pending.

Hope your vacation was delightful and restful! Cheers!