Life Doesn't Slow Down: A Petri Dish Update

Pardon me for not posting anything new here in a spell. I haven't been idle, by any measure.

Much of my non-day-job time's been parced out between a couple of enterprises. One of them is Bizarro Movie Nights at the Aster Coffee Lounge in scenic Ballard, Washington, in which I put my Doctorate of Schlockology to the test by presenting strange cinema of various stripes on the grandeur of a big(gish) projection screen. Yours Truly delivers patter so snappy you can scat sing to it (when I'm not ceding hosting duties to the eminent El Serpiente de Oro); audiences laugh and stare goggle-eyed at pinheaded giants, cackling Indonesian witches, and Satan-fighting holiday icons; and everyone can partake of fine coffees, teas, beers and wines in one of Ballard's coziest locales! Go to the Bizarro Blog for details. Next one's on May 1, and we're featuring a night of vice and sin, Depression-era style--Don't miss it!

I've also been pouring a lot of spare time into writing for the Seattle Concerts Examiner and The SunBreak.com. I haven't exactly been getting wealthy on either, but people are reading them, and if I may say so, the quality's been pretty damn good..

You can visit my Concerts Examiner page here (and I get paid by hits, so come back, read, and re-read often!). As for the SunBreak, the whole kit and caboodle can be accessed here. You'll find interviews with everyone from Hollywood legends to rock stars to film noir experts to reviews of B-movie schlock, but here are a couple of my personal faves.

Interview with Exene Cervenka of X: I took a bunch of pictures, and will try to post them here soon, along with the unedited version of the interview.

Interview with Trouble in Mind director Alan Rudolph (linked on Movie City News, thanks Vince Keenan!)

Interview with Indie Film Icon/Blaxploitation Pioneer Melvin Van Peebles

Interview with Film Noir God Eddie Muller

Preview of Frank Henenlotter's Bad Behavior (hey! Thats yours truly hobnobbing with the Basket Case director! And he even gave Bizarro Movie Night a ringing endorsement!).


Swear to Pete, I'll be a'scribblin' here again soon. Thanks for dropping by: Sorry to be such a stranger. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-Issued Audio Yummies: Easybeats, ELO, and Divinyls

An Interview with Joe Dallesandro

Character Actor Heaven: Hollywood Collectors Show, Feb 2005